Special education is the method of
interventions designed to help individuals with
special needs to help them achieve a higher
level of personal self-sufficiency and success.
This involves individually planned and
systematically monitored teaching
procedures, equipment and materials.
1. Diploma in Special Education
2. B.Ed. (Special Education)
3. M.Ed. (Special Education)
4. M. Phil. (Special Education)
Pass 10+2 from any subject for diploma courses.
Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any
recognized University for higher courses.
1. National Institute for Empowerment of Persons
with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD), Chennai,
2. National Institute for the Mentally Handicapped,
3. Indian Institute of Health Education & Research,