Physical therapy (or physiotherapy), is an
allied health care profession used to prevent
and treat many disabilities and diseases.
Physiotherapists deal with the remediation
of impairments and disabilities to restore
physical mobility and help in maintaining
quality of life. The therapists use the
techniques of examination, evaluation,
diagnosis and physical intervention.
1. Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
2. Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
3. Post Graduate Certificate Course in
Sports Physiotherapy (PGCSP)
10+2 passed or equivalent examination with physics,
Selection: The admission to institutes is through
entrance examination. There is a Common Entrance
Test (CET) for Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT).
Admission is based mainly on CET scores.
1. Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute For The Physically Handicapped, New Delhi,
2. School of Physiotherapy, SSG Hospital, Baroda, Gujarat.
3. Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana.
4. Indian Institute of Health Education & Research, Patna, Bihar
5. Govt. Medical College (GMC), Nagpur, Maharashtra