Statistics is the study data and navigating
common problems for drawing correct
conclusions. This course is related to the filed
such as areas as financial markets, sports,
engineering, healthcare, marketing & sales,
election campaigns, space, natural disasters,
population studies, accidents, insurance, and
deaths – statistics. Statistics deals with
interpretation and aggregation of large complex
data into simpler data. It develops from the field
of probability in mathematics. Statistics also
include the fields like marketing, economics,
biology, public health, sports, medicines and
1. Diploma in Applied Maths.
2. Diploma in Maths with computer programming, etc.
3. Bachelor of Statistics (Hons)
4. Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons)
5. Bachelor’s in Statistical Methods.
6. Bachelor’s in Applied Mathematics & Statistics, etc.
7. Masters in Statistics
8. Masters in Mathematics.
9. M. Tech. in Quality & Reliability and operations research.
10. Masters of Science (MS) in Quantitative Economics
11. P.G. Dip in Applied Maths (Industrial maths)
12. M. Phil (Mathematics)
13. Ph. D in Mathematics
10+2 pass with Maths & English.
1. Chennai Mathematical Institute, Chennai.
2. College of Engineering, Chennai.
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
4. Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata (HQ)
5. Osmania University, Hyderabad.
6. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
7. The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSC), Chennai.
8. The Mehta Research Institute of Mathematics & Mathematical Physics (MRI), Allahabad.
9. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad