Learning foreign languages not only
strengthens better understanding of
cultures ,perspectives ,employability but
also improves cognitive skills ,concentration
span ,memorisation and multi-tasking skills
in an individual .
There are a variety of short & long duration
courses to learn languages like Japanese,
Italian, German, Russian, Chinese,
Portuguese, Spanish, Persian, Arabic and
1. Short term (2months-1 year):
Certificate / Diploma / Advance
2. Long term (2years-3years): Bachelor’s
Degree & PG Diploma Courses.
3. Masters degree (1 or 2 year): MPhil,
MA, Ph. D, etc.
4. 5 year Integrated Masters course
5. Summer courses-21months
10th /10+2 for Diploma & Certificate courses.
10+2 with Diploma or Certificate courses for BA.
The eligibility criteria is also varied for MA among the
universities & language centres.
1. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
2. Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages,
3. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
4. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh.
5. Barkatullah Vishwa vidyalaya, Bhopal.
6. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
7. Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
8. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)